Due to the need for library services by certain institutions, which would make individual cards of the users difficult for both the group and the library to provide, the institution card is now available with the following stipulations:
1) The books will be considered borrowed by your institution and any losses or overdue charges will be the responsibility of the institution to pay.
2) There is a limit of 30 books per card and the usual limits still apply (5 dvds per card, only 2 holiday books per card, and only one renewal is allowed).
3) All federal laws apply to the showing of videos are still to be respected.
4) Multiple cards can be distributed to your institution if there is more than one person who will need to use the card. However, the institution will need to provide permission forms for each and will be responsible for fines, damages, or lost materials.
5) Institution cards will expire on an annual basis depending on the institution. For schools, the year will run from August through May. For other institutions the year will begin on the date the card is initially applied. These will need to be renewed on a year by year basis.
6) Materials can be requested to be selected by the staff. If such a request is made, it needs to be done at least a week in advance to the representative picking up the materials. We cannot provide every book in the library on one specific subject but will give you what is feasible.
7) Materials requested are not limited to non-fiction. Blocks of fiction and non-fiction both are available for this service, including large print materials.
If you have any questions or comments concerning this service, please call the Main library in Benton at 778-4766 or the library in Bryant at 847-2166.