Code for personal conduct. Examples of unacceptable behavior or activity include, but are not limited to:
1. Leaving children unattended
2. Leaving children at the library after closing
3. Leaving vulnerable adults unsupervised or unattended
4. Not following the cell phone policy: Cell phone ringers must be set to silent and calls should be in a quiet voice and keep to a minimum. No cell phone use in the computer labs.
5. Smoking, soliciting, selling, skateboarding or skating, consuming intoxicants, intoxication, spitting, sleeping, loitering on premises
6. Leaving unattended items
7. Annoying, harassing, or threatening another person
8. Physical, sexual, or verbal abuse of another person
9. Interfering with others' use of the library through poor personal hygiene
10. Eating and/or drinking in the library (eating and drinking may occur in the meeting room with prior permission).
11. Leaving automobiles in the parking lot without prior permission
12. Demonstrating or picketing inside the building or in such a way as to block access to the building
13. Carrying weapons of any type
14. Defacing, damaging, or stealing library property
15. Uttering profane, obscene, or injurious language
16. Not following the library's “Computer Resources and Internet Access” policy
17. Not wearing proper attire. Footwear, shirts/blouses and pants/skirts/dresses are required at all times
18. Disturbing public peace by persistent loud, annoying or aggressive conduct
19. Bringing animals into the building, except Seeing Eye dogs or by invitation for a program.
20. Being in an unauthorized area of the library, or remaining in an area after its closing; staying in the building when requested to leave during emergency situations or drills.
21. Engaging in any activities while on Library premises that are not related to the proper use of the Library
22. Vandalism of any kind will result in the pressing of charges with no tolerance. Arkansas Code 5-38-203
The Saline County Library expects conduct of the patrons to be polite and respectful. Anyone unable to behave in a manner that will not disturb, abuse or physically endanger patrons or staff will be asked to leave the building and property, no matter what their age. A refusal to leave after being asked to do so will precipitate a call to the local law enforcement officers.